Essence Cosmetics Haul & Review

Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review

Hello! A few weeks ago Essence Cosmetics Malta held an event where you had a chance to take as much as you could in one hand, similar to a lucky dip. Since I love Essence cosmetics I decided to give it a try and I am definitely glad that I did! 

Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence nail polishes

My favourite products from Essence are the polishes so I was really happy when I got four! They are: The Nudes in 06 Baby Doll, Colour & Go in 191 love is in the air, The Gel in 20 beautiful lies and Colour & go in 176 headphones on. I love all of them as they are all beautiful colours, don't take long to dry and are opaque after only one coat. The only one I'm not that happy about is the purple one as it's supposed to look gel-ish and I found that it looked normal, nonetheless I still like the colour.

Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence gel nails
Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence gel nails swatch

I also got an effect gel top coat in 01 diamond rocks which I was really excited to try out. It has tiny shiny pieces that I'm not too keen on as hardly any stick to the nails when you apply. I also found out that I cannot use it since I don't have an LED lamp and without it the nails will never dry so it was kind of a let down.

Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence liquid blush, essence powder
Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence powder
Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence liquid bush

I also got two face products: tribal summer liquid blush in 01 waka waka and a compact powder in 11 pastel beige. I really like the liquid blush as the cherry pink shade looks lovely and as you can see a little goes a long way with this product. Till now I have only bought powder blushes so I was excited to try something new.  I really like the compact powder and it actually has a really nice scent too! It also came at the right time as I had just hit the pan with my other powder.

Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence mascara, essence eye pencil, essence eyeshadow
Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence mascara, essence eye pencil, essence eyeshadow
Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence mascara, essence eye pencil, essence eyeshadow

As for eye products I got a gel waterproof eye pencil in 02 around midnight, metal glam eyeshadow in 01 jewel up the ocean and a multi action waterproof mascara. The eyeliner is a beautiful deep blue which twists up instead of having to sharpen it which I find really convenient. The eyeshadow is something that I'm not used to as I usually go for natural and not sparkly ones. But it is a lovely shade and also quite pigmented. The mascara is something that I'm not really into as it is quite clumpy and is a nightmare to remove! So I will reserve this only for times when I really don't want my makeup to budge.

Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence hair mascara
Essence cosmetics haul, makeup review, essence hair mascara

The last product is a hair mascara in 02 dive with me to the island. Now don't get me wrong it's a nice product but it's kind of useless as I don't know when it would be appropriate to use it.

nude polish - €1.90
colour & go polish - €4.20
the gel polish -  €1.70
liquid blush - €2.70
compact powder - €2.90
eye pencil - €2.30
eyeshadow - €2.60
mascara - €2.60
hair mascara - €3.30
-----------
Grand Total - €24.20

So there you have it, all of the products. Now the amazing thing is that I only paid €5.00 for the ticket and I actually got all of these! It was definitely a bargain even though I liked some products less than others and if they ever do this event again I would definitely do it!

What Essence products have you tried or want to try?

Thanks for stopping by :)

Sarah xx

Follow

*I was not paid to write this post and I paid with my own money*

Comments

Post a Comment

  1. wooow..I have only heard about essence products..Seeing this post of yours , I so badly want to try these... The eyeshadows in particular :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard about this...I just may have to try very soon! Good plug!

    Jessica
    Online Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  3. The liquid blush looks lovely!! Thanks for sharing, always interesting to see what makeup other people have. If you're interested in lipsticks I've just posted my lipstick favourites :)
    http://www.beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked this post! I will check out yours ^-^

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is a really great deal! *u* These products sound pretty good, especially for their price! I haven't tried any of them but now I really want to c: Thank you for sharing!
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha so many stuff! Essence is really good not only price wise but also good quality xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I already follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post dear xxx The nail polishes look amazing <3
    Fab Daisy 11 ~ http://fabdaisy11.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow amazing blog post !! I can tell you put a lot of effort into this post !! I have shared :)


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    NewVideo

    come say hi :)

    have a wonderful day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  9. This hair mascara looks gorgeous! And the nail polishes are such good value, especially as you only really need one coat.

    Tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post and really nice review my dear, I have tried a few essence cosmetics and love it :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lucky! You got really nice items, i love the blue shades!! x
    Would you like to follow each in Instagram? (mine is @travelera.es) Let me know to follow you! :) xxx
    www.travelera.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I followed you! You have a lovely instagram :)

      Delete
  12. That eye shadow is such a gorgeous colour! Not something I would usually wear either but it's so pretty! x http://www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul, looks like you got some great products! The liquid blusher looks lovely, as do the eyeliner :D

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like Essence lipsticks :) Also, people say that their compact powders are also very good

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post! loving the review!
    i love your blog, follow for follow? let me know.

    Abarajando

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hair mascara? So cool dear
    Never knew essence have something like this.
    Love this products you review esp the waterproof mascara

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Essence! It's such a great affordable brand. Their lipglosses are my favourite!

    Following you on Bloglovin'. :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. AH there are so many great things in this post! I love the hair mascara and yellow nail polish. Can't wait to try them!
    xx, Pia

    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a fan of Essence mascaras either, all that I've tried have been dissapointing but the nail polishes are great! BUT I think I'm in love with the hair mascara! I didn't even know they sold that! I wonder if it could suit my ashy black hair! Haha

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually find the other mascaras really nice but I hated this one! I think that it is it's fault that I have less lashes now!

      Delete
  20. These seem like awesome products! I definitely have to go try some of them out. Nice post! :)

    xoxo, Sarah
    http://www.chicmisstique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the nails polishes the most, so perfect colours!

    Btw, I would appreciate so much if you visit my blog & tell me what do you think about my latest outfit which is actually the last one till September, when I come back with more fall looking ones!
    Kisses from Macedonia:*

    http://christinearabela.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Of course I will check it out ^-^

      Delete
  22. the eye products look really interesting! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that hair mascara looks like a lot of fun

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving all these products - Essence is such a great brand with affordable products and lovely quality! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous review
    and stunning picks
    I particularly like the metal essence blue eyeshadow
    xxx

    http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. You got so many great products!! I've always loved this brand, they make the best stuff and it's still really affordable <3
    I'd love to get a hair mascara in hot pink haha <3

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The products are such a great bargain :)

      Delete
  27. I love the look of the nail polishes! I've only just tried some products from essence and I really like the matte lipgloss sticks. They're really good for the price!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried those yet but they sound really nice :)

      Delete
  28. The eyeliner and powder look especially good! Never heard of a hair mascara, sounds interesting but I don't know when I would use it either!!

    catrionaar.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  29. essence has some great product and it is so affordable too....

    www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love essence because they are so affordable!

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award to let you know that I think your blog is great. You can find the questions I’ve created for you on my post http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/2015/08/liebster-award.html! Tag me in your response if you make one because I’d love to see your answers.

    Stay fabulous x
    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great event and affordable! I really like their nail polishes!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those polishes are great! I love the shades!

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute pink nailpolish :)
    BLOG M&M FASHION BITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/2015/08/lost-in-woods.html
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  34. amazing cosmetics, I love Essence nail polishes very much :)
    http://fifefantasinails.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've never tried essence products before but that powder looks great! x.

    nutmegdiys.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  36. Amazing haul and review - thanks for sharing

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is such a cool event! My favourite Essence product is an eye primer but I would love to try more of their products ;) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think that the fact that I like the most about Essence is that everything is so bright and has a cute packaging hahaha.
    The products look really nice, deffinately going to check out some of them!
    Have a nice day gorgeous ^^

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I always go for products that have the cutest packaging :)

      Delete
  39. lovely post!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I want all these items! I definitely need to stock up for fall:-).


    www.wunderbliss.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  41. Nice post! xxx
    Beautydreamcatcher.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great post, I really like Essence :)
    Thank you for the comment on my last post! Xo

    The eyes of a Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  43. I bought that top coat too and I was also really dissapointed ..
    Xo
    Andrea | www.andreader.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove it)

Name

Email *

Message *

SUBSCRIBE TO THE MAILING LIST


Would you like to receive updates from What Sarah Writes right in your inbox?




Latest on Pinterest